|1 cup||chopped nut(s) (almonds, walnuts, etc.)|
|1/2 cup||nut butter (almond, walnut, etc.)|
|1/3 cup||raw honey|
|1 cup||coconut flakes (unsweetened)|
|1/2 cup||cacao/carob (powdered or chopped, unsweetened)|
- Throw everything into a bowl.
- Mix (hands are best).
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a melon baller (or hands), roll into balls.
- Makes a bunch.
- Keep refrigerated, or outside somewhere if it’s cold.
Wifey made a version of this a few weeks ago that she got from Chicktrest but I thought I would try a slightly different version, one that has probably already been done before and posted somewhere on the Interscreen.
I thought about calling these Caveman Balls or Grok Balls but they already kinda don’t look appetizing. Adding scatology would just make it worse.
The ones I made here are almond butter with chopped almonds, so they are very…almondy. The almonds I had were already salted so I didn’t add any salt. I also had some cacao chips and coconut that were sweetened so I did maybe 1/6 a cup of honey.
Fun fact: the little beige nub near the top center of the photograph is the leg of a Chia pet.
- Follow me: Facebook | LinkedIn | Goodreads
- Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subscribe: RSS | Email